Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Shmuley Boteach for the New York Observer.



Here's my latest cover for the NY Observer. Had a lot of fun with this one but as usual, it had it's challenges. One being that I don't draw cars all that often and I found it harder than I thought it was going to be. It was an enjoyable challenge though. The other challenge is of course that I had to finish in two days . . . and over Easter weekend . . . not what I wanted to do but life happened and that's how it worked out.



Of course painting M.J. in there was a lot of fun as well . . . hahaha!



Here are a few of the steps that I saved along the way . . . originally I thought they had said that they wanted both his hands up waving but after I did that I really didn't like it so eventually I got rid of his right arm. During these tight turn arounds the work tends to develop and evolve as I go as I don't have the luxury of time to spend on development . . . just go for it!







Labels: , ,

8 Comments:

Blogger Fitzzz said...

I think the car turned out amazing. I agree on the one arm as opposed to two, nice job overall.

5:21 AM  
Anonymous Peter Hanks said...

Jason, you know drawing a car is just like drawing anything else!......correct values and edges, putting all those abstract shapes together, right? Great work, great blog!

12:54 PM  
Blogger Mike Eppe said...

Hi Jason!
As usual: just amazing!
I'm a 2009 student of Schoolism. I still work as hard to get closer to the quality of your work. If you have two free seconds, I invite you to come see my progress : mikeleppe.blogspot.com
Will be great to hear from you :)
Best regards
Mike

2:18 AM  
Anonymous Zak said...

Hello,
I’m a young drawer and I like your work.Can you see my blog and less a comment ? If you want.
My blog is:
http://zackdesign.over-blog.com/
Sincerely,

4:29 AM  
Blogger Daniel Domingos said...

Great job, Jason.
I'm a big fan of his work and always I follow everything here from Brazil.
I believe that should be a great satisfaction for you, participate in all these big publications.
I want to be able to do that too one day ...
Visit my blog: www.danieldomingos.blogspot.com

10:34 PM  
Blogger Francisco said...

Your work is simply stunning! you're really, really talented.

5:27 AM  
Anonymous Seneida - juegos de vestir said...

is really funny! and theese ilustation is cool

2:27 PM  
Anonymous Khasis Lieb Caricature said...

You're the man!!!
such an inspiration.
I'va told you that, i could say it every time, as every piece of yours is a huge pleasure for me!

8:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

All artwork © JasonSeiler 2006 unless otherwise stated. All characters are copyright to their respective owners