Monday, March 18, 2013

Pope Francis for Der Spiegel

Last Thursday I was asked to do my second cover for Der Spiegel which is already out. The first cover I painted for them won't be out until the last week of March. I was asked to do a drawing of the new Pope and had one day to do it . . . this is the result. I think the editor wasn't quite sure if I could actually finish in the short amount of time that I had so they developed another cover to fall back on in case I couldn't finish. I of course finished on time but unfortunately the staff got used to seeing different layouts with a pop-arty-look on a photograph and decided to go with that instead of my drawing. I don't take it personally and I am grateful to work with them and know I will work with them more. They were very happy with this drawing but like I said, they were used to seeing the other version and decided to go in that direction. My cover debut for Der Spiegel will be in a couple weeks and I will be sure to share my final painting here!

6 Comments:

Anonymous neal portnoy said...

Jason,
Your work is SUPERB! Love having your CD "Sketching with....." Unbelievablely talented!

10:26 AM  
Blogger Ana Mar said...

Que arte tienes en las manos, ...envíale este trabajo a su Santidad Francisco...valorará tu hacer y te lo hará saber!!!...desde Argentina Ana Mar, no solo seguidora de Francisco sino tambien de tu arte caricaturista!!! saludos cordiales..

7:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hermoso trabajo.
Tu talento es sorprendente.
Mis mayores felicitaciones.
Soy argentino y un gran admirador tuyo.
Sdos.
Santiago.

9:48 AM  
Blogger Benjamin Strobel said...

Can´t wait to see the Cover. Amazing drawing for one day.

Greetings form Germany

11:53 AM  
Blogger Patrick Strogulski said...

I am looking forward to the first seiler "Der Spiegel" cover, i hope there will be many more to come !

3:35 AM  
Blogger Toby K said...

It's fantastic Jason.

9:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

All artwork © JasonSeiler 2006 unless otherwise stated. All characters are copyright to their respective owners