Monday, September 30, 2013

Ghosts of Mayors Past for The New York Times

I really enjoyed working on this one and would like to thank Richard at the NYT for giving me the freedom to exaggerate and create the characters in the most natural way for me. It's great working for people who let you do what you do. As the norm of late, I only had two days to complete this one. I didn't think I'd be able to finish a painting in the way that I wanted so I decided to combine drawing and painting . . . has a nice life to it that I really enjoy.
This is a Freud that I hadn't yet shared here. I did this while in Vienna a couple of weeks ago where I was teaching a workshop on caricature, drawing and painting and the process of illustration and working for publications.

3 Comments:

Blogger Adam Ford said...

These are awesome! That Giuliani steals the show!

I love Vienna, such a beautiful city.

10:08 AM  
Anonymous Jyoti said...

amazing :) love it :)

11:53 PM  
Anonymous Jo said...

Very nice blog and lovely art works :) keep it up

11:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

All artwork © JasonSeiler 2006 unless otherwise stated. All characters are copyright to their respective owners