Friday, December 22, 2006

Jack Bauer



My buddy Joe Bluhm posted a couple sketches recently on his blog that were inspiring to me, also, looked like a lot of fun. So I had to give it a go as well, using recylced paper that almost looks like a paper bag, lot's of fun to sketch on. I did this Kiefer sketch last night while watching last year's season of 24 with my wife. I sketched it from a picture of him that I cut out of an Entertainment Weekly.

This is a real quick way to get your lights and darks, before you even start, you already have your half tone as a base. All you need to do from there is add lights and darks and a little in between, and before you know it, you'll have a nice effect. Lot's of fun, did I mention it was fun?

Ok, so I haven't been posting much lately, hopefully I will get back on track very soon. As some of you know my wife and I are expecting baby girl number two. We could have our new addition to the Seiler family any day now, so as you can imagine I won't be doing too much until things settle down a bit.

Also, I've been doing a lot of editorial work, so I will have new work to share very soon, unfortunately I have to wait until they have been published before I can post them here. My latest was a piece that I did for the magazine "Reform Judaism", it's an illustration of the president of Iran, I won't give away any of the details, but will hopefully post it very soon!
Take care and have a great Holiday!

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Not a fan of 24, but a great fan of yours. You somehow made Sutherland look more like a "Bauer" than Sutherland actually looks like a "Bauer" type guy(?)! Don't ask me to explain that statement, but it's true. Great work as always.

12:24 PM  
Blogger SEILER said...

Ok, I think? Just kidding, I think I know what you mean . . . this sketch captures his character that he plays on the show, more then Kiefer himself? Glad you like it!

3:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice Bauer, I don't have a TV so I only know the face from the ads. I did a demo painting of him for a friend who teaches at a local college. I didn't realize what a fun face he had to draw.

Any bets your little girl will be arriving on the 25th?

8:07 PM  
Blogger Oscar Herrero said...

Hi Jason, I had to do a comment on this. You know I'm a Bauer/Sutherland fan, just as I am a fan of your work. I had posted one weird christmas greeting in my blog, (not finished, but I think I won't have the time to finish it before christmas), so, If you like to get in there you will be wished a merry christmas.

4:52 AM  
Blogger SEILER said...

Thanks Fred, glad you like it, was a fun sketch to do. I have a feeling that she'll be born on the 28th, I'll be sure to let everyone know!

Cool drawing Oscar, I checked it out, have a great Holiday!

8:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

All artwork © JasonSeiler 2006 unless otherwise stated. All characters are copyright to their respective owners