Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Final watercolor



Well, this was an interesting job to take on, a little different than I usually do. Most of all of my work is done either with oils or acrylic or digitally, and for private commissions, almost always oil or acrylic. My watercolors work is more sketchy,really washy, and usually used only in my sketch book, I consider those works to be like writings in a personal diary.

For this job, my client wanted a "washy, loose, and artsy" feel to it, sort of like my sketches . . . so that's what I did. The challenge for this job was in my photo reference. The photo that I had to draw and paint from was a black and white photo, and on top of that, half his face was in a dark (black) shadow.

I'm finishing up my Marco painting, hopefully I'll be able to post it soon, a couple other works in the mix as well, thank you for stopping by!

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Jason.... Very Nice Job on this one.... PEACE!
J

1:56 PM  
Blogger Marco Bucci said...

Excellent job on it! Your watercolour work is exceptional! Man, watercolour has such a nice feeling to it, doesn't it? Nothing like it.

10:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's beautiful, Jason! I love the softness you put in the hair and beard. Very nice, you made him look so kind (he probably is.. :)).

1:15 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very beautiful!

11:55 AM  
Blogger SEILER said...

Thank you all so much! Watercolor is one of my favorite mediums to paint with, lots of fun!

7:11 PM  
Blogger Tim Bye said...

I love this picture! You've captured all the detail and managed to maintain a loose feel - great!

10:08 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

it's all in the eyes, and you capture it everytime!!!!

12:49 AM  
Blogger Larry Seiler said...

this turned out wonderful, Jason...!!!

congrads...

12:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

All artwork © JasonSeiler 2006 unless otherwise stated. All characters are copyright to their respective owners