Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Richard Butler Painting + Schoolism



Here's my final painting for Richard Butler, a past student of mine from Schoolism. I was inspired by Rembrandt while painting this, not sure why, but that was the direction I decided to take it.

I want to let everyone know that my next class on Caricature illustration is filling up and will close soon. The course starts on July 24, I only accept 15 students a semester. Visit Schoolism.com for more info. Also, I am currently working on a NEW course that I will begin teaching in the Fall. Painting with Jason Seiler, also through Schoolism.com registration for that course will start sometime in August.




Detail.

15 Comments:

Blogger J. Anthony Kosar said...

This is really great man, he should definitely be more than happy with it!

3:43 PM  
Blogger NEM said...

Amazing!!!

5:07 PM  
Blogger Luke Watson said...

Loverly.

6:39 PM  
Anonymous Dan said...

why does his cheek stick out like that under the glasses on the one side it looks really weird/odd. Was that intentional? Great paint job as usual.

8:34 PM  
Blogger Daniel Bejarano Casarino said...

Absolutely fantastic, the cold skin tones are beautiful!

8:59 PM  
Blogger Doug said...

I'm in for the painting class. Can't wait.

9:44 PM  
Blogger Jorge Restrepo H. said...

Awesome!!! As always.

12:26 AM  
Blogger mrityunjay said...

gud

12:46 AM  
Blogger Eric Zampieri said...

Actually a great job. Amazing details. The thick lenses are perfect.

5:53 AM  
Blogger Barry O'Donoghue said...

looks class Jason, I love how the face gets distorted behind the thick glasses. great job

8:26 AM  
Blogger Thomas Fluharty said...

EXCELLENT BRO~T love the flesh tones~T

9:45 AM  
Blogger Jonathan said...

Great work man!!! I have been out of the loop for a couple of days and see that you have been busy with the mad hatter project!! thats so cool man! The DVD and book cover look really nice as well, Well Congrats with everything and keep me posted when I can order the DVD and Book!!

12:11 PM  
Blogger Damion009 said...

EVERY TIME I COME TO YOUR BLOG I LEAVE IN A BETTER MOOD!!! IT FUNNY HOW LOOKING AT A GOOD CARICATURE CAN DO THAT... IN SHORT I LOVE YOUR WORK!!! LOL! THIS IS TO AWESOME.

12:52 AM  
Blogger mrityunjay said...

is it in digital?

2:57 AM  
Blogger Jay Farley said...

Looks great man. Still wanting you to do one of me when you get a chance. I think I'd be pretty funny looking, my big ears and silly smile and all.

5:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

All artwork © JasonSeiler 2006 unless otherwise stated. All characters are copyright to their respective owners