Thursday, April 22, 2010

Character design for Book Project



I'm working on loads of character development and concepts for a book project which I am illustrating. I can't say too much about it at this time, but will share bits and pieces when I can. This is a concept sketch of one of the characters. At this point, I'm developing and working on the look and idea of this guy . . . the final character will be a bit more gnarly.

My friend Menton has a great look which totally inspired this character. Check out Menton's work, he does awesome work for publications such as IDW and so on.



Sketch detail . . . I always love the way these quicker paintings look, especially close up.



My block in . . . establishing shape rather quickly with a bit of color and value thrown in to sculpt the idea.

14 Comments:

Blogger Sagan Lacy said...

A book you are illustrating? What terrific news! If this is any indication, it will be a lovely book.

12:43 PM  
Blogger Toby_K said...

The detail in your pictures is amazing, God gave you an awesome talent.

2:13 PM  
Blogger t whitlock said...

Cool! Love your technique man, kinda reminds me of Uncle Olav from Lemony Snicket, except more fiendish... The book will be awesome. Can't wait for your critique for assigment 1 for Schoolism.

4:13 PM  
Blogger Damion009 said...

you already know what I'm going to say!!! you fuckin suuuuu ha ha ha ha. I couldn't say that with a straight face. =D you rock man!!!

4:17 PM  
Blogger Jonathan said...

Sick dude, awesome as always!

4:30 PM  
Blogger Estacinho said...

fant√°stico.

6:32 PM  
Blogger Adrian Lubbers said...

FREAKIN' AWESOME!!

6:51 PM  
Blogger Sam Nielson said...

I love the warm/cool lighting scheme, but the best part is the eyes!

12:27 AM  
Blogger Adam Temple said...

Creepy. Cool cls/up.

12:32 AM  
Blogger WaLdo MaTus: said...

You are a great master Jason. I admire you.

11:38 AM  
Blogger Larry said...

cool as beans...like it

9:38 AM  
Blogger Daniel Bejarano Casarino said...

Geat character Jason, very loose and the colors are incredible.

7:11 AM  
Blogger Marcos Mateu said...

Nice painting, great expresion!

1:21 PM  
Blogger Thierry said...

This fantastic painting could mean a Rasputin's portrait. Very nice... Terrific!

4:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

All artwork © JasonSeiler 2006 unless otherwise stated. All characters are copyright to their respective owners