Thursday, July 22, 2010

Forest sketch



Hello everyone . . . I'm busy with a few projects right now, and will share more soon. For now, here's a quick sketch that I did yesterday. I did the sketch for a student during a critique for Schoolism, and after the critique I decided to add a bit of color. Always good practice, and fun too!




I had a little more time later that day and spent maybe another 20 minutes working on the painting . . . focusing on values, color, and re-working the structure a little more to enhance the likeness. I may work on it a bit more if I have the time?

Just to let everyone know, my next class on Caricature art and painting starts on July 30th. There are only a few slots available, so if interested you should sign up soon. If you miss it, there will be another class starting in the fall.
Check out schoolism.com for more information!

9 Comments:

Blogger Dmitriy Schuka said...

so cool!!you are great!

2:17 PM  
Blogger Tim Wilmsen said...

Keep up the good work,..I love it! Tim

4:04 PM  
Blogger Su Haitao said...

Great job, Jason, you know I like your style always! :)

8:41 PM  
Blogger Attractive Art Community (Big Sam) said...

can't wait to see this one finished!

10:04 PM  
Blogger Niall O loughlin said...

Looks great Jason, great to see your keeping busy!

6:08 AM  
Blogger A. Riabovitchev said...

It's always pleasure to visit your blog Jason!:)

7:47 AM  
Blogger Paffaro said...

Olá,
Gostei muito do seu trabalho, achei muito bom. Sou ilustrador no Brasil.

Grande abraço
Paffaro

http://paffaroartes.blogspot.com/

8:10 AM  
Blogger Adrian Lubbers said...

Awesome. I love the feel of your blocked in work. Sometimes I even prefer it to finished pieces. Something about the freedom of it appeals to me.
Beautiful as always Jason.

9:51 AM  
Blogger Jay Farley said...

THis cracks me up big time.

6:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

All artwork © JasonSeiler 2006 unless otherwise stated. All characters are copyright to their respective owners