Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Society of Illustrators show!








I finally have a little time to post a couple pictures from the Society of Illustrators show. It was like a dream, for me anyways. There are a handful of living artists who have seriously inspired me and pushed me, some actually took me under their wing a bit, so to have a piece hanging in the American Society of Illustrators Museum alongside these artists was a true honor for me, and a bit unreal. Also, upstairs in the Society, there are original Maxwell Parish's, Norman Rockwell's and many others!

When I first walked into the museum I looked to my left and behold, an original Philip Burke, a huge painting, at least 6 feet in height. It was a fantastic painting, a photo just doesn't do it any justice. Of course my pal Tom Fluharty had an amazing painting of Hillary Clinton, the detail in this painting is truly absurd, he's a talented guy, no doubt about it. Hanging to the right of my paintng was a ginormous painting by Daniel Adel, done in acrylics. I only mention that he painted with acrylics, because he seems to handle every medium in the same way, they all have that Adel look to them, he's a powerful painter. James Bennett, had a couple paintings in the show, a smaller painting of a frog, and this really fun oil painting of a pig. Roberto Parada and C.F. Payne had great work at the show as well. Roberto's painting was different that what I have seen from him in the past, I really enjoy his new look, there's something true and honest about his approach, it's bold, I kept going back to his painting and noticing new things.

Anyways, I've got to get back to work, just wanted to share a few pictures, I hope to be a part of the show again next year, it was a really great time!

3 Comments:

Blogger Fred said...

It was good to see you in NYC. Glad you had a good time. Time is flying by, almost 2 weeks ago already?!

It was nice to see the original painting in the show too.

1:55 AM  
Blogger Thomas Fluharty said...

yo jason, great post!!!!! its always great it seems when someone gives you kudos. thanks for the kind words. its great to be included among such great work. later bro~tom

9:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hy, is this lady Fluharty made in digital way or is it acrylic??
You´re a great illustrator!!
jfichetti@yahoo.com.ar

11:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

All artwork © JasonSeiler 2006 unless otherwise stated. All characters are copyright to their respective owners