Monday, April 16, 2007

A couple Watercolors







I've got some new work that I would love to share with everyone, however I can't do that until they are published, so until then I figured I would post a couple watercolors that I did a year ago. I love watercolor so much, would love to do more of it, and plan to do some fine are pieces that I can hopefully get in some galleries here in Chicago.

The first is a self portrait that I did, me sitting next to my pal Lupe . . . and yes, he is for real, he's a huge guy, but a true softy at heart, a great guy! As you may know, I am a huge Norman Rockwell fan, so this piece is sort of a tribute to Norman's work.

The second piece is . . . A Rockwell study! I tried to see how close I could get to the original, a huge challenge with watercolors. I'm proud of what I was able to do here with watercolors, it was fun to do, I felt a connection of sorts to Rockwell when painting it. When painting from a master's work, you learn quite a bit about their work, technique, and use of color and brush strokes.

On the drawing board today . . . I'm finishing my "Basil Gogos" approach to a Zombie Elvis for "The Imaginarium", I'll post it soon. Also working on a few others, so check back soon!

10 Comments:

Blogger Jorge Restrepo H. said...

I am an admirer of Rockwell's work, too. Your version Rockwell is fantastic!!! Your domain of the watercolor is magnificent.

10:15 AM  
Blogger Robin said...

Jason, is there any medium that you haven't mastered?! Can't wait to see the new work mate, and I'm so glad that you're okay.

7:58 PM  
Blogger bog_art said...

When I first saw your watercolors.. I thought: it is a lie!!.. that is not watercolor!!.. but I was wrong, and I am surprised now..

10:26 PM  
Blogger Nelson Santos said...

I have seen that already but it is always joy for the eyes man.

5:48 AM  
Blogger SEILER said...

Thanks all, encouraging to hear! I hope to have more opportunities to work with watercolors . . . I may be doing a children's book soon all in watercolor?

1:20 PM  
Blogger Jorge Restrepo H. said...

When you have ready your book, I would like to have a copy. I will be waiting.

6:20 PM  
Blogger Tim Bye said...

Super work Jason! Really inspiring! I'd love to see a children's book by you! ps What type of size are the originals here? pps do you use watercolour paper or something else?!!!

11:40 AM  
Blogger Nathan Lindsay said...

really nice work. Everybody needs a friend that big. Great job capturing Rockwell's look. impressive.

5:23 PM  
Blogger Shawn Escott said...

Great new posts Jason! You have a terric talent my friend!

9:17 AM  
Blogger D.Killer said...

Fantastic. Maravellous

12:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

All artwork © JasonSeiler 2006 unless otherwise stated. All characters are copyright to their respective owners