Thursday, May 31, 2007

Some monster doodles . . .






I just got back from a little trip away with my family, had a great time relaxing. With a three year old and a four month old, I didn't have much time for drawing and sketching, but I did squeeze in a bit. These sketches of classic horror monsters were done fairly quick using a ball point pen and some acrylic paint on toned paper.

Below the monster sketches is a 11X14 oil painting that I did for Reform Judaism about two months ago. The story is about a Muslim women who hated Jews, and then had a complete turn around, she was no longer welcome back in her own country. It was crazy, because I only had four days to paint 30 people . . . it would have been much easier to do this digitally, however I felt that a traditional as well as a not so exaggerated look would fit better with the story. This was painted with a limited palette, Ivory Black, Cadmium Red, Yellow Ochre and White.

8 Comments:

Blogger Marco Bucci said...

Beautiful stuff again. Solid drawing all round. Glad to hear you had a good trip as well. I gotta try that palette to see what it can do. I've lately been having some luck with Raw Umber, Cad Red, Cad Yellow, Ultramarine, and White, but it'd be cool to go even more limited.

10:07 PM  
Blogger Thomas Fluharty said...

hey bro. love the new stuff. it would be even more delightful to see your work bigger. you can choose a larger viewing option in yuor settings. c'mon man. give me more delight more delight. i can t get enuff~T

1:27 PM  
Blogger Shawn Escott said...

Nice painting! Good concept too. The sketches are cool also.

5:15 PM  
Blogger bog_art said...

Just amazing..

1:19 PM  
Blogger J. Nowland said...

Hey Jason.... Cool painting.... PEACE!
J

2:50 AM  
Blogger Cara said...

Great work here!

11:01 PM  
Blogger SEILER said...

Thank you all very, very much! A little info I forgot to mention about the Muslim painting. The women and the toddler she is holding is my wife and daughter Isabeau.

6:23 AM  
Blogger William K. Moore said...

Great work Jason.. and not bad for being on a time budget! Monsters - I love 'em... red and green.. hmmm a little Christmas spin (for me). Drawing the figure is cool - no?

6:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

All artwork © JasonSeiler 2006 unless otherwise stated. All characters are copyright to their respective owners