Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Zombie Elvis



This painting will be used for postcards, posters, and as a t-shirt for the Imaginarium, which is a small film and art festival within Cornerstone Festival, one of the largest Christian music festivals in the U.S. I'm currently putting the whole thing together. The idea is that the final image will look like a cover from the "Famous Monsters of Filmland magazines.

I knew that I really wanted to have a Basil Gogos feeling since he is by far the most famous of artists to paint Famous Monster covers, and in my opinion the best! It was also important that it was a Seiler painting too, so after my color comps and sketches, I shut my Basil Gogos books and went solo the rest of the way.

This was painted with oils on illustration board.

4 Comments:

Blogger Adrian Lubbers said...

SICK!!!! I LOVE IT!

2:58 PM  
Blogger J. Nowland said...

Hey Jason.... Coming this summer Gone With The Wind 2: The Zombifacation.... anyways.... Great picture... also I really like the self portrait... classic.... PEACE!
J

2:42 AM  
Blogger sensei said...

wow. I like it!

9:00 AM  
Blogger Piotr said...

hahah hilarious and wonderfully executed jason!!

4:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

All artwork © JasonSeiler 2006 unless otherwise stated. All characters are copyright to their respective owners