Wednesday, September 19, 2007

The Audacity of Hillary!

"Hillary Clinton might be the Dem's presidential front-runner, but the trip to the White House makes a stop in Obama Country. Can the hometown girl beat the state's favorite son on what's now his home turf?" - David Bernstein, Chicago Magazine.










I shared a sneak peak of this a few weeks back, it's now published, so I can go ahead and share the whole piece with everyone. It's always nice when you pick up a magazine that you did work for and the actual printing job is done well, this is one of those jobs. I was at the grocery store with my wife last night and I saw the new issue of Chicago Magazine, flipped through it and found my illustration, always a cool feeling to see your work on the stands. I hope I never loose that childlike feeling.

Anyways, I've as you can see attached the full image as well as cropped close-ups! Technically I probably shouldn't have given so much attention and detail to Hillary because of how small she is in the illustration, however I couldn't control myself. The sketch and photo reference was too good to not have more fun with!

Labels: , , , ,

22 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are a killer.
If I can permitt myself a critic, I would say that I don't really like the white background as for the pete devil. But I guess it's for the final print of the magazine. I really like the drawing of Obama's face. Thanks for sharing your great work.

Theb

9:58 AM  
Blogger Vincenzo said...

Absolutely fantastic!!! Great job Jason...I'll need to track down Chicago Magazine in NJ to get a hard copy of this.

9:58 AM  
Blogger DeJarnette Designs said...

Very Nice!!!

12:36 PM  
Blogger William K. Moore said...

I know what you mean Jason.. the buzz one gets for the accomplishment of a job done - well and knowing it will be viewed outside the vacuum of yourself. Glad you were able to give us the WIP and now a follow-up with the finish.

12:45 PM  
Blogger Tim Bye said...

WOW! The level of detail is just incredible. Phenomenal stuff

1:00 PM  
Blogger Pointpusher said...

Really great work on your blog, and congrats on the front page of CGT! You're an instant inspiration sir.

1:39 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

looks awesome Jason!

6:38 PM  
Blogger Robin said...

Too good Jason. Unreal.

6:55 PM  
Blogger Joaquín Aldeguer said...

Hey man, this is superb! I love the expression of Hillary. This is one of your most humoristic caricatures. Congratulations! :)

7:13 PM  
Blogger Marco Bucci said...

I don't know how you do it man. To save myself the ego pounding, I'll just pretend you're part of some advanced alien race with evolved painting tools. Yeah, that sounds right. AWESOME.

2:38 PM  
Blogger David Malan said...

Nailed it! nice, All the ussual perfect skin tones, I dig the color variation in Hillary's face. and the perfect luminesence in those wrinkles. Well done.
Also, my drawing is not Putin, but I can see it.

6:20 PM  
Blogger bog_art said...

This is superb!!.. I can't believe that it is a paint..

12:07 AM  
Blogger Roderick De Jesus said...

love it jason.

12:32 AM  
Blogger Mark Behm said...

Wow. An especially strong one.

12:15 PM  
Blogger Nathan Lindsay said...

turned out awesome jason. her eyes crack me up.

3:40 PM  
Blogger Dave Dick said...

Those details make all the difference! Awesome image!

5:49 PM  
Blogger SEILER said...

Thank you all sooooooooo much! This piece was a lot of fun to do, almost too much fun! I really appreciate all of your comments!

8:07 PM  
Blogger Ryan Wood said...

This one turned out terrific! Great idea & flawless execution, sir.

11:00 PM  
Blogger Marcelo Vignali said...

I love this caricature! The Obama image is well done, but Hillary Clinton herself is truly a gift to cartoonists and caricaturists the world over -- and you did an exceptional job. Very fun.

10:16 PM  
Blogger David R. Darrow said...

Man, you can really draw! To hold those likenesses after all the distortion amazes me.

10:33 AM  
Blogger Debbie Miller said...

Awesome! I especially love the little Hilary. very fun.

6:19 PM  
Anonymous obat telat bulan said...

thanks gan infonya.

3:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

All artwork © JasonSeiler 2006 unless otherwise stated. All characters are copyright to their respective owners