Thursday, February 12, 2009

Gordy, waiting for the Bus!



This is a preview of what's to come with my work in the future. I'm slowly working and developing my work in a "fine art" sort of way, painting large with oils and acrylics. Some will be exaggerated to an extent and others just stylized, but painted traditionally. I hope to have a show here in Chicago, one in New York and another in L.A., I'll be sure to share the info here once the shows are set in stone.

This is a practice painting, or "sketch painting", from this I will do a large oil. I'll be sure to share the process here.

11 Comments:

Blogger Tim Bye said...

It's great to see how you're pushing into new areas Jason!
I love the lighting in this "sketch" - really cool!
Looking forward to seeing your pieces for the shows!!! :o)

3:51 PM  
Blogger TSL said...

Great job, Jason, and your news to go along with it is terrific. Best wishes!

6:30 PM  
Blogger ramanjit said...

its great i'll wait for its oil vertion, best of luck,god bless you.

9:52 PM  
Blogger Marco Bucci said...

definitely cool. Love that gut!

11:19 PM  
Blogger Ryan Wood said...

Good gravy man, you're killin' it!

2:09 AM  
Blogger Nelson Santos said...

This ones funny.

7:33 AM  
Blogger Brad said...

LOL very nice, maybe Gordy should walk instead of waiting for the bus... hahaha

9:24 AM  
Blogger Marko Krull said...

stunning! looking forward to the oils! hope you'll teke photos from the exhibitions :)

6:21 AM  
Blogger David Malan said...

Cool man, good luck. I think caricature is a good foundation or experience when doing realism. My theory is that you have a better understanding on how to subtly exaggerate areas in the picture to add appeal and interest. It also works the other way with your realism contributing to your caricature work. Just a theory but I think Sebastion Kruger is a good example.

1:42 PM  
Blogger jmborot said...

This is looking very good !
I like this a lot.
But do you think this way is incompatible with caricature ?

5:59 PM  
Blogger J. Anthony Kosar said...

Nice job, the painting makes me want to hear his story, looks like he has many to tell.

7:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

All artwork © JasonSeiler 2006 unless otherwise stated. All characters are copyright to their respective owners