Sunday, July 24, 2011

Seasick Steve



This was a fun piece to work on. My hope is to do a lot more illustrations similar to this in style . . . I'd like to get more than just caricature work. I enjoy the work I do, but would like to branch out more into other areas. One of my favorite magazines to illustrate for has been Rolling Stone. I love music and painting, so it's a perfect fit!

I do enough of my own interpretation in the work I do, so sometimes it's just fun to paint and create a cool looking piece of art. In a way this piece is more of an experiment. I'm trying to develop a new illustration style, it's just plain 'ol fun doing something different from time to time.

I also love the blues as well as Jack White . . . this last year, Seasick Steve was picked up by Jack White's label and that too is a perfect fit! If you haven't checked out Seasick Steve or Jack Whites label, "Third Man Records", then you're missing out!

Labels: , , , ,

6 Comments:

Blogger Aaron Wilkin said...

THis is awesome man!!! Very cool style!!! If you havent checked out THE Black Angels than your missing out!!! The first album Passover and the third album Phosphene Dream are amazing!!! They kinda sound like Jefferson Airplane mixed with Velvet Underground and the Doors!!!!!! Very cool music to draw and paint to!!!!

1:44 PM  
Blogger joari71 said...

Wow!!...But, this is an oil painting, isn't it?.

Perfect drawing and pespective as always.

Please, do more like this.

And I'm totally agree with your idea of painting and listening to music and painting some concept related to the music.

2:16 PM  
Blogger Arto Isotalo said...

Whoa! This is very good. It's evident that you had fun creating it. I like the design, colors and painterly brush strokes. More of these please!

5:13 PM  
Anonymous Daniel Domingos said...

I love that your illustration, Jason.
Its composition and colors are very good.

11:41 AM  
Blogger RobCarey said...

Love it! Great work.

8:36 PM  
Blogger ARI said...

Ouch!!! SO good to use words to describe it, so natural one.

3:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

All artwork © JasonSeiler 2006 unless otherwise stated. All characters are copyright to their respective owners