Monday, December 03, 2007

70 Year Old Bad Guy!




This is weird, but true. The top three floors of my apartment building are senior citizen apartments it's a senior's program that my church runs to help seniors who can't afford much, in fact some of them would be living on the streets if it weren't for my church. Anyways, around Thanksgiving this man who is 70 years of age was arrested by the FBI for robbing banks. No Joke. Everytime I saw him, he was in a wheelchair and had an oxygen tank.

From what I heard, the FBI agents asked a number of questions about his whereabouts on the day after Thanksgiving Day. He had some alibi but they then produced a photo from a surveilliance camera taken of a bank robber from a bank located in downtown Chicago. The robber was not wearing a mask and you won't believe it but it was this frail 70 year old who lives in my building! Finally, after more interrogation he admitted to robbing the bank and getting away with about $1000.

It turns out that he had robbed six banks in his lifetime and had fled from a minimum security prison approximately two years ago, thus the warrant for his arrest.

The FBI agents only found about $150 in his apartment, gathered some of his clothing and then hauled him off to federal prison. His oxygen tank and wheelchair were part of his act.

Crazy eh? So as you can guess, I had to do a sketch of him.

16 Comments:

Blogger Paul Holmes said...

Ha, It's funny because it's true. Or is it? Awesome story, he has a good face, cool sketch.

3:42 PM  
Blogger Shawn Escott said...

Too bad people take advantage of others kindness and caring. Eventually, it catches up with them. Nice sketch though. I like the previous post too about Henry Hyde. Quick turnaround and a job well done.

4:03 PM  
Blogger Jorge Restrepo H. said...

The reality surpasses fiction. These characters are very interesting,let inspiring stories.
Excellent story for a better sketch.

6:55 PM  
Blogger Marco Bucci said...

wow. One part of me wants to beat him senseless for taking advantage of someone's kindness. Another part of me wants to take acting lessons from him.

Great sketch anyway.

10:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i read that story with borne identity music going on itunes....very fitting sound for the story!...nice sk......your work makes me smile sometimes, sometimes makes me want to hang it up. if i took your course some day, would i learn to paint like you do? digitally speaking.

nice job on Henry Hyde...those one day jobs are tough, you proved to be a true pro there. tough.

5:41 AM  
Blogger SEILER said...

Thanks everyone, yeah . . . it's a bum that some people take advantage of the kindness of others . . . . BUT, one out of 50 isn't too bad! :)

Thank you Gary, and that's the perfect music indeed!

If you took my course could you paint like me? Well, since you already kick butt in everything you do, yeah, I think you could finally, actually, LEARN how to paint . . . only if you took my course! :)

Seriously though, yes, in my course I teach my painting techniques and will get even more in depth with the one on one. I will also be doing another class a bit later that's focused more on painting and is even more descriptive!

11:22 AM  
Blogger William K. Moore said...

Good to see you have the ability to write a good story and also illustrate it. I hope your art director was cooperative and in a good humor Jason. I believe if criminals would spend a fraction of the time to do things on the up-and-up rather than get bogged down in the intricacies of cheating, their chances of not getting a roomate named "Joker" (probably can't tell a decent joke) would be significantly improved. Some people are just addicted to cheating and lying... even when it doesn't serve their purpose.

11:35 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great work, man!!!!! Awesome as always! We spoke at the recent comic con in Chicago. I've got a blogspot as well. Mind if we post each other's links to increase viewership? Hit me up.

Keep up the good work. You're an inspiration!

Later...

Tony

12:06 PM  
Blogger SEILER said...

You're totally right Bill, and well put too!

Tony, sure we could swap links . . . however I don't know what yours is?

12:13 PM  
Blogger Rowan Dodds said...

Freaky story and great illustration. Well done.

5:03 PM  
Blogger Tim Bye said...

You certainly have some stories to tell! Great drawing!!!

7:49 AM  
Blogger Simon Scales said...

Awesome story....awesome sketch!!
keep it up mate!!

4:25 AM  
Blogger Nelson Santos said...

haha cracking story Jason.

7:34 AM  
Blogger Nathan Lindsay said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

3:09 PM  
Blogger Nathan Lindsay said...

wow, a whole thousand bucks? Great drawing. I love your sketches.

3:10 PM  
Blogger Elgin Subwaysurfer Bolling said...

Great story Jason, what church do you go to in Chicago?

11:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

All artwork © JasonSeiler 2006 unless otherwise stated. All characters are copyright to their respective owners